FoodUnfolded® is a global platform providing science-based insights about the origins of our food, the broader food system and the latest food and agricultural innovations. FoodUnfolded® engages with its growing audience to create a new communication culture around food and catalyse a transformation towards a sustainable food sector.
Graphic Designer Job Opening
Remote & Freelance
3-4 days a week, between December 2021-2022 (with possibility of extension)
FoodUnfolded is looking for a mid-career graphic designer to join our diverse and growing team! FoodUnfolded is a digital platform designed to reconnect people with the origins of their food. We strive to create credible, non-partisan, and accessible content that encourages our audience to think critically about the food system and their relationships with food. Through our collaborations, we build communication bridges between consumers, academics, experts, and policy makers. This community is the backbone of our mission, and we implement a wide range of graphics, animations, and visual designs to engage our community and share information in an accessible, thought-provoking way.
The ideal candidate is self-managing, works well collaboratively, and is committed to thoughtful design. We are seeking someone with both German and English fluency. Responsibilities will include working with our editors and designers to develop concepts and create infographics, social media assets, and various print media. Our team is remote, but our primary audience focus is in Europe and our meetings are held virtually, in Central European Time.
The graphic designer should also have:
- A body of work showcasing a deep understanding of graphic design principles and proven ability to produce compelling digital and print designs
- Strong self-management skills, ability to handle workloads independently and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Strong teamwork communication skills and a healthy attitude towards critique and iterative design processes
- Enthusiasm for experimentation and design challenges with an ability to create innovative solutions and deliver high quality designs -- both with and without existing models/templates
- A passion for sustainability, community, future-forward innovation.
Qualifications and preferred skills:
- Fluency in English, German language ability is optional but highly preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a graphic design role
- Adobe Creative Cloud access expected
- Photoshop Expertise
- Illustrator Expertise
- Familiarity with AfterEffects and Premiere is not required, but is a plus.
- Experience with Instagram, Facebook, and other social media platforms.
- Skillful at image research and selection -- The candidate will work directly with the Visual Editor, Motion Graphics Designer, and social media management team to connect with our audience through online and printed publications and weekly social media campaigns.
- Commitment to representing our brand faithfully
How to apply
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with the subject line: GRAPHIC DESIGNER APPLICATION. In the email, please include:
- Your CV + short cover letter
- 5 to 8 design samples or a link to your online portfolio.
- Your hourly rate
- Signed Declaration of Honour (FoodUnfolded teammember will email this upon receipt of application)
If any of these elements are missing, your application will not be considered. Any clarification questions can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 23, 2021.
Apply before December 31, 2021, 12:00 AM CET.
*For the full Request for Proposal, including how we evaluated applications, please see this link.