FoodUnfolded® Editorial Manager
ABOUT EIT FOOD:
The website of EIT Food is https://www.eitfood.eu
The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) Food is a young and fast-growing organisation focusing on entrepreneurship and innovation in the food sector. EIT Food is a start-up but has the characteristics of a multinational and is operating in a European and international environment. It has 5 regional offices (Co-Location Centres or CLC) in Europe, each covering several EIT Food partners and partner countries. The members of the EIT Food community are world-class players in the international food domain.
EIT Food is Europe’s leading food innovation initiative, working to make the food system more sustainable, healthy and trusted by consumers.
We believe that we are all responsible for, and connected to, the food that we eat so we all need to work together to improve it. We are building a unique network of diverse partners that provide a holistic view of the food value chain, including key industry players, agri-food start-ups, research centres and universities from across Europe, all working together to deliver an innovative and entrepreneurial food sector.
Let’s create the future of food together!
JOB AND CONTRACT TYPE:
Full-time permanent position.
(S)he will be based in Leuven (Belgium).
Occasional travel (estimated 20-30% of time) within Europe can be expected.
Imagine you are a parent trying to find out what goes into making baby food. Or a student trying to better understand how to eat more sustainably on a budget. There is so much misleading information on the internet which makes it hard for people to know what to believe and trust.
FoodUnfolded® is a community, both online and offline, which aims to create a new communication culture around food. FoodUnfolded® was launched in different micro-communities throughout Europe in 2019. Growing the community further, involving people and making them active community members is our next challenge. We will do this by providing science based information on the origins of food and the future of food. We are looking for the right person to help us with this.
As a FoodUnfolded® Editorial Manager you:
- Will report to the Director of Communication at EIT Food Headquarters as member of the EIT Food communication team;
- Contribute to the development of a multi-year FoodUnfolded® strategy which will grow the FoodUnfolded® community and deliver societal impact;
- Support and integrate co-operations with public outreach initiatives, platforms and influencers;
- Manage external collaborators and agencies
- Act as liaison between EIT Food partner projects and the FoodUnfolded® editorial team by liaising at the beginning of projects to provide guidance on deliverable direction and by managing the quality process of deliverables for FoodUnfolded®;
- Safeguard that all materials follow the EIT Food brand guidelines;
- Develop and implement impact tracking methods, analyse public feedback and community engagement;
- Maintain the editorial calendar and produce editorial content;
- Manage translation and cultural adaptation process;
- Are a brand ambassador for EIT Food/FoodUnfolded® at partner and EIT Food events;
- Identify and leverage FoodUnfolded® promotional opportunities;
- Identify opportunities to improve, prioritise and leverage FoodUnfolded®;
- Identify opportunities to monetise activities;
- Keep up to date on emerging trends and changes in public outreach and engagement;
- Work closely with the other members of the communication team;
- Support on ad hoc basis in other areas of communication when required;
Are you interested in writing and editing engaging content, co-operating with other platforms, managing freelancers and agencies and working together with our partners?
Then don’t wait another moment and apply!
Ideally, the candidate has/is :
- A Master degree in Science Communication, Journalism, Public Engagement or equivalent domain;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience leading public engagement in science activities;
- Experience in brand growth and impact tracking;
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of and experience with program management methodologies;
- Fluent in English and ideally one other EU language;
- A proven track record of writing and editorial work;
- Passionate about reconnecting people with food, activating people to become change makers;
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence others and effect change;
- Independent and trustworthy, able to embrace remote interactions with an extended number of parties, including partners, agencies, freelancers;
- A creative mindset;
- Self-motivated and able to manage his/ her time effectively;
- A team player, organised; proactive, and service-oriented;
- The ability to work in a matrix-organisation, the ability to work both independently and in small (multi-national) teams;
- A can do attitude, a strong sense of ownership and is able to deliver results;
Bonus points if the candidate has:
- A proven track record of implementing successful consumer-centric initiatives with measurable outcomes for non profit organisations, institutions or platforms, at international level;
- Experience using design and editing software;
EIT FOOD OFFERS:
EIT Food offers a very competitive salary package consisting of a monthly salary (55,000 – 62,000 EUR gross per annum) and additional benefits. Attractive holiday and insurance schemes are offered as well.
Flexibility and the balance between work and private life are equally important.
EIT Food is an equal opportunity employer, offering each candidate matching the minimum obligatory qualifications and experiences an equal chance in employment and promotion procedures.
Interested candidates are asked to send their CV and Cover Letter in English in electronic format to email@example.com before 29 February 2020. Please state in the description line of the email your name and “FoodUnfolded® Editorial Manager”.
Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview.
Shortlisted candidates may be asked to prove their background, qualifications, skills and experiences by providing relevant documents.